How to Use a Spotify Group Session to Simultaneously Stream Music Playlists and Podcasts with Friends and Family
When you buy through our links, we may earn money through our affiliate partners. Learn more.
SpotifyGroup Session allows users to listen to a playlist or podcast simultaneously from anywhere they can access the web player or mobile app.
- You must be a Spotify Premium member to access and use the Group Session feature.
Spotify Group Sessionscan include two to five members who are invited via a personalized link.
Thanks in part to its dynamic listening and discovery features, Spotify has become one of the most popular ways to enjoy your favorite songs, artists, and more.
Now Premium members can take their Spotify experience to the next level with Group Sessions. Launched in July 2020, the feature allows users to simultaneously listen to the same playlist or podcast wherever they are via a single link.
In group sessions, listeners can choose tracks and add them to the main running queue through the device that initiated the session. Anyone invited to the group session can listen from their device or listen on yours while controlling it from theirs.
A group session can consist of two to five users and is available through the desktop or mobile app. And you can choose to leave or end a group session at any time by tapping the appropriate option at the bottom of the page.
If you want a true shared listening experience, here’s how to start your own Spotify group session.
How to Use a Spotify Group Session
1. Open Spotify.
2. Click or tap the “Device” icon in the
3. Scroll down until you see the “START SESSION” button under the “Start a group session” heading.
4. Now tap on “Invite Friends”.
5. From here, you’ll have two options for inviting others to your Spotify group session.
- Share a link: Copy the unique group session link to your social media app of choice or paste it into text or email to manually send it to another Spotify user.
- Spotify code: Let anyone you want to add to your group session scan the unique Spotify code found on the sharing page.