YouTube Music has a lot of content you can enjoy on your devices, but you get the best experience when everything is neatly organized into playlists. Setting up a YouTube Music playlist is relatively easy to do, but there are some things you need to consider when doing this.
The most remarkable thing about the service, however, is that you can also listen to your YouTube playlists at once and check them all at once. Some clips won’t be available, but most of them will work on YouTube Music.
How to Create a YouTube Music Playlist
Setting up a YouTube Music playlist is easy to do, whether you’re using the browser version or your phone’s app. We’ll cover all the options here, so you know exactly what needs to be done.
Here’s how to set up a playlist in the YouTube Music app for iPhone and Android:
- Launch YouTube Music app and go to Library.
- Tap the Playlists button to see all available playlists. You should know that you will find all the playlists you have on YouTube, even if they are videos. Some won’t play on YouTube Music.
- Faucet New playlist and give it a title and description. Also decide if you want to make it public, unlisted, or private.
- You’ll get suggested songs you’ve played on YouTube, and you can add them to your playlist by tapping the icon + (plus) sign on the right.
- You can also press the Add a song button to search for specific artists, tracks or albums.
- Once you find one you want to add to the playlist, tap on the songs and they will be added directly. You can also tap the three buttons on the side of the song for more options.
- The search function also works for songs available on your device. If you have favorites on your phone, these can also be added to your reading list.
Here’s how to set up a playlist on the YouTube Music website or app:
- Visit the YouTube Music site or open the YouTube Music app and make sure you’re signed in.
- Go to Library and make sure you’re on the Playlists tongue.
- Press the New playlist button, which you should find to the left of your list.
- Give your playlist a name, description, and choose privacy settings.
- To add songs to the playlist, you can choose from Hints listing. You can type Refresh to get new songs listed.
- If you want specific songs, press the To research at the top of the screen and find your favourites.
- Unlike the app, you can’t tap on them to add them to the playlist (tapping songs will play them). press the three buttons on the right, and choose Add to playlist.
- A window will appear to choose the playlist you want to add the song to. The most recent ones are at the top, so you can easily choose the one you just created.
How to Edit YouTube Music Playlists
To edit your playlist on your YouTube Music app, return to the playlist area and tap the one you want to edit. Under the name of the playlist there is a button shaped like a pencil – press it. You can edit the playlist title, description, choose a new privacy setting, and add collaborators, which involves sharing a playlist link with them. You can deactivate the link at any time from the same area.
If you want to edit your playlists in your browser or computer application, go to Library > Reading List > Edit Reading List. You can choose to add a new title, description, privacy settings, and share the playlist with any friends and family members you want to allow monitoring.
Add your own music to YouTube Music
YouTube Music gets even cooler once you learn that you can add your own music to your playlists and enhance your experience. Fortunately, this is a relatively easy thing to do, but there are a few tips and tricks to make it work.
New to YouTube Music? How to upload and manage your music
About the Author